Admin Resources: Cluster Management & DevOps
- Online Training
- Automated Installation of Cloudera Express (formerly Cloudera Standard) (Cloudera Manager + CDH)
- How-to: Deploy CDH Clusters and Impala on EC2 using Cloudera Manager
- How-to: Deploy CDH on Windows Azure Virtual Machines using Cloudera Manager (via Thomas Conte)
- How-to: Easily Configure and Manage Clusters in Cloudera Manager
- FAQ: Understanding the Parcel Binary Distribution Format
Maintenance & Monitoring
Cloudera Manager's Service Monitoring feature monitors dozens of service health and performance metrics about the services and role instances running on your cluster, and its activity monitoring capability monitors the MapReduce and streaming jobs that are running on your cluster.
Automation: Using the Cloudera Manager API
The Cloudera Manager API provides programmatic access to cluster operations (such as configuration and restart) and monitoring information (such as health and metrics).
- How-to: Automate Your Cluster with Cloudera Manager API
- How-to: Automate Your Hadoop Cluster from Java
- How-to: Deploy Hadoop Clusters Automatically with Dell Crowbar and Cloudera Manager
- Free Online Training: Cloudera Manager API
- Open Source Java client for Cloudera Manager API (via Axemblr)