Certification Expiration Policy
- Once an individual achieves a certification, that certification does not expire. The certification path, or the test(s) that lead to that certification may retire, but the certification remains valid at the level and version obtained by the individual.
- Some Cloudera Certifications are aligned to a specific release of CDH (Cloudera's Distribution including Apache Hadoop). Because the Apache Hadoop ecosystem is dynamic, we recommend that individuals keep their certifications current with CDH releases.
- Any individual who has passed a Cloudera Certification exam prior to May 1, 2012 is considered CDH3-certified.
- We ask that you arrive at the test center 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment time. This will give you adequate time to complete the necessary sign-in procedures. Please be prepared to show two forms of unexpired government-issued ID. If you arrive more than 15 minutes late for your appointment, you may be refused admission, and your test fees may be forfeited.
- No personal items may be taken into the testing room. This includes all bags, books, notes, phones, pagers, watches and wallets.
Reschedule & Cancellation Policy
- If you wish to reschedule your test, you must contact Pearson VUE no less than 24 hours prior to your scheduled appointment. Rescheduling less than 24 hours prior to your appointment may result in forfeiting your test fees.
- If you wish to cancel your test, you must contact Pearson VUE no less than 24 hours prior to your scheduled appointment. Canceling a test less than 24 hours prior to your appointment or missing your test may result in forfeiting your test fees.
- Candidates who fail an exam must wait a period of seven calendar days, beginning the day after the failed attempt, before they may retake the same exam. There is no limit to the number of retakes a candidate may attempt. Retakes are not allowed after the successful completion of a test.
- An exam result found to be in violation of the retake policy will not be processed, which will result in no credit awarded for the exam taken. Repeat violators will be banned from participation in the Cloudera Certification program.
Certification Ownership Policy
- Individuals are certified when the prerequisite requirements are met. The certification is valid and associated with an individual, not a specific company.
All content, specifically questions, answers, and exhibits of the certification exams are the proprietary and confidential property of Cloudera. They may not be copied, reproduced, modified, published, uploaded, posted, transmitted, shared, or distributed in any way without the express written authorization of Cloudera. Candidates who sit for Cloudera exams must agree they have read and will abide by the terms and conditions of the Cloudera Certifications and Confidentiality Agreement before beginning the certification exam. The agreement applies to all exams. Agreeing and adhering to this agreement is required to be officially certified and to maintain valid certification. Candidates must first accept the terms and conditions of the Cloudera Certification and Confidentiality Agreement prior to testing. Failure to accept the terms of this Agreement will result in a terminated exam and forfeiture of the entire exam fee.
If Cloudera determines, in its sole discretion, that a candidate has shared any content of an exam and is in violation of the Cloudera Certifications and Confidentiality Agreement, it reserves the right to take action up to and including, but not limited to, decertification of an individual and a permanent ban of the individual from Cloudera Certification programs, revocation of all previous Cloudera Certifications, notification to the candidate's employer, and notification to law enforcement agencies. Candidates found in violation of the Cloudera Certifications and Confidentiality Agreement forfeit all fees previously paid to Cloudera or to Cloudera's authorized vendors and may be required to pay additional fees for services rendered.
Fraudulent Activity Policy
Cloudera reserves the right to take action against any individual involved in fraudulent activities, including, but not limited to, fraudulent use of vouchers or promotional codes, reselling exam discounts and vouchers, cheating on an exam (including, but not limited to, creating, using, or distributing test dumps), alteration of score reports, alteration of completion certificates, violation of exam retake policies, or other activities deemed fraudulent by Cloudera.
If Cloudera determines, in its sole discretion, that fraudulent activity has taken place, it reserves the right to take action up to and including, but not limited to, decertification of an individual either temporarily until remediation occurs or as a permanent ban from Cloudera Certification programs, revocation of all previous Cloudera Certifications, notification to a candidate's employer, and notification to law enforcement agencies. Candidates found committing fraudulent activities forfeit all fees previously paid to Cloudera or to Cloudera's authorized vendors and may be required to pay additional fees for services rendered.
Discounts, Vouchers & Promotional Codes
Neither Cloudera nor Pearson VUE, Cloudera's sole authorized test delivery partner, guarantees the authenticity of discount vouchers or promotional codes obtained from any individuals or entities other than Cloudera or Pearson VUE. Individuals or Cloudera-affiliated partners who use certification discount vouchers or promotional codes that are fraudulent or otherwise obtained from an unauthorized source (including legitimate vouchers for attempted re-use) may risk penalties up to and including a lifetime ban on all future tests, the nullification of all previous certifications, or other program sanctions at the discretion of Cloudera. Cloudera will not compensate candidates for fraudulent vouchers or vouchers obtained from an unauthorized source.