As you implement Apache Hadoop in your data center, it is critical to understand how it will affect your current setup in order to plan ahead. This chapter explores the typical Hadoop data center and helps you seamlessly integrate the platform into your environment. Find out what resources you will require to deploy Apache Hadoop, how to plan for cluster capacity, and how to staff for your Big Data strategy.
In this chapter, you will learn:
- The typical architecture of a data center with Hadoop
- How Hadoop fits in with other data center components
- How to plan for Hadoop cluster capacity
- The typical hardware requirements for a Hadoop cluster
- Skills and training requirements for a Hadoop team