100% Open Source Distribution including Apache Hadoop
Just like a Linux distribution gives you more than Linux, CDH delivers the core elements of Hadoop – scalable storage and distributed computing – along with additional components such as a user interface, plus necessary enterprise capabilities such as security, and integration with a broad range of hardware and software solutions.
All the integration work is done for you, and the entire solution is thoroughly tested and fully documented. By taking the guesswork out of building out your Hadoop deployment, CDH gives you a streamlined path to success in solving real business problems.
CDH includes the core elements of Apache Hadoop plus several key additional key open source projects that, when coupled with customer support, management, and governance through a Cloudera Enterprise subscription, can deliver an enterprise data hub.
HBase is a distributed key-value store that helps you build real-time applications on massive tables (billions of rows, millions of columns) with fast, random access.
- Flexible - Store any type of data and prosecute it with an array of different computation frameworks including batch processing, interactive SQL, free text search, machine learning and statistical computation.
- Integrated - Get up and running quickly on a complete, packaged, Hadoop platform.
- Secure - Process and control sensitive data and facilitate multi-tenancy.
- Scalable & Extensible - Enable a broad range of applications and scale them with your business.
- Highly Available - Run mission-critical workloads with confidence.
- Open - Benefit from rapid innovation without proprietary vendor lock-in.
- Compatible - Extend and leverage existing IT investments.