Cloudera Enterprise 5 - Frequently Asked Questions
- When does the Cloudera Enterprise 5 beta program start?
- What’s new in Cloudera Enterprise 5?
- Are all of the features of the platform included in the beta release?
- Can anyone participate in the beta program?
- Where can I download the software?
- Where can I ask questions and provide feedback?
The Cloudera Enterprise 5 public beta program starts on the announcement date of Oct. 29, 2013. The program will continue until Cloudera Enterprise 5 becomes generally available (GA).
Cloudera Enterprise 5 includes the latest releases of CDH, Cloudera Manager, and Cloudera Navigator. High-level feature summaries for each are listed below.
- In-memory caching for data sets in HDFS
- UDF extensibility framework for Impala
- MADlib pre-built UDF and UDAF support on Impala
- Enhanced resource management with YARN (the next iteration from what’s available in CDH 4)
- Advanced resource management (building on YARN and C-groups)
- HDFS and Apache HBase snapshots
- Extensions to manage third-party applications
- Advanced Impala query monitoring
- Data discovery through metadata search and tagging
- Upstream and downstream data lineage
For a full list of the new features and enhancements in Cloudera Enterprise 5, please refer to the release notes.
All the features of CDH 5.0 and Cloudera Manager 5.0 are available in the public beta release. Cloudera Navigator 2.0 is being offered as a separate, private beta, so those features are only available through that program.
The Cloudera Enterprise 5 beta program is open to anyone who wishes to participate. This includes full CDH 5.0 and Cloudera Manager 5.0 functionality.
Cloudera Navigator 2.0 is being offered as a separate, private beta. If you are interested in participating in the Cloudera Navigator 2.0 beta, click here to sign up. There are limited slots and they will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
The software is available for download at cloudera.com/downloads.
Cloudera Enterprise 5 is packaged as a complete platform download that can be installed on physical hardware or in the cloud via Cloudera Manager.
After you get started, we encourage you to provide feedback. We have the following mechanisms set up to do this:
- File a ticket directly through our Support Portal (current subscription customers only).
- Post a question or comment on the dedicated Community Forum for Cloudera Enterprise 5 Beta.
- File a bug through our public JIRA system.